Spring is in full swing near Brookline, and that means never having a shortage of things to do. Below are some events coming up that you’re sure to want to check out:
- The Kids Bowl Free program started on Thursday, May 12 and runs all the way to August 31. Check this website and scroll to listings for Massachusetts to see all bowling alleys participating in the program near Brookline and statewide: http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/
- Together Boston 2016 started on Sunday, May 15 and runs through Sunday, May 22. It takes place at MMMMAVEN in nearby Cambridge. The event is free and emphasizes the unity of art, music, and technology. It includes professional and educational discussions, installations, demonstrations, screenings, and live performances.
- The Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure takes place at Boston Common on Saturday, May 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Patterned after the Amazing Race, participants work in teams and use their smartphone to solve clues and complete challenges. The goal of the event is to learn more about area history and gems you may have forgotten about near your own city.
- The Samuel Adams Brewery Pig Roast happens on Saturday, May 20 at the Samuel Adams Brewery on Germania Street in Boston. Tickets are $25 and the event goes from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Your fee includes a full barbeque dinner with homemade sauces, five beer tokens, live bluegrass music, and a sample of Rebel Raw Double IPA.
- Opening Weekend of the Lawn on D starts at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 21. Nothing says summer like relaxing on those iconic swings or playing lawn games with your family and friends.